- Musical * Cooking * Dance * Set Design * Costume Design
- Drawing * Painting
- Photoshop * Powerpoint
Agassiz Baldwin Community, Cambridge, MA
August 2007 – August 2008
LEAD ARTS INSTRUCTOR
- Created and taught inclusionary afterschool and summer arts curriculum for two age groups, 6-8 and 9-11: Maintained safe, secure study-play environment for students with focus on math and science through the arts.
- Conceptualized and oversaw production and design for program’s first large-scale show: Engaged teaching and administrative staff; devised and taught five-week program of student-generated song, dance, costume-making, props and set design; incorporated collaboration and mentorship between older and younger students; wrote playbook, designed playbill, selected music, choreographed three numbers, and delegated singing instruction and small-scale prop-making to fellow teachers. Oversaw staging of multiple performances for parents and members of Agassiz Baldwin Community. Musical led Board to plan and secure funding for second large-scale project.
- Led student-run restaurant project: Designed and taught eight-week program on large-volume cooking, nutrition, presentation of food, wait-staffing, and world food cultures; researched and determined world foods menu and negotiated food and portions budget for 50 families; featured in Cambridge Chronicle.
Afterschool and Youth Education, Jamaica Plain and Cambridge, MA
April 2006 – August 2007
- Arts Instructor for King Community School Summer Camp – Designed a multi-disciplinary curriculum on ancient world history for ages 6-10, incorporating dance, cooking, music and crafting in order to study Mesopotamia, Egypt, China, India, and the Americas (Summer 2007).
- Makeup Designer for BalletRox Urban Nutcracker – Designed makeup charts; trained volunteer staff; researched products; created budget and purchased materials; applied makeup and oversaw makeup application to cast of over 70 children and 40 adults for nine shows (Winter 2006).
- Dance Instructor for Tony Williams Dance Center – Designed and taught summer camp class “Dances of India & the Indian Diaspora” and created a multi-media curriculum for ages 6-8 and 9-14 (Summer 2006).